Who videos/TKAA

I've been wondering what kind of video would be best to sell a possible new
album about parent/teen relationships.  Of course, that might be a hard sell
in the teen market, and likely even in the young adult market--another one
of those Pete/Who albums you'd need to grow into.

There are lots of possible examples on the airways:  Santana's videos were
great, like a fun street party with all the dancing kids.  There are a bunch
that are blatantly sexual--obviously what's selling right now.  The
big-budget movie videos are nice, and generally include the band singing on
the movie set, plus action scenes from the movie.  Then, too, there are a
bunch of odd, surreal little things that I don't understand much--obviously
I'm not the target audience.

It's also interesting to look back through the history of videos to see
which ones still look good.  Likely it has to do with good, solid design and
production techniques.  I checked through TKAA the Movie last night, and had
a look at The Who's history up through 1979.  The really old ones are stiff
and artificial, of course, and terribly outdated in style.  The timeless
ones start with "Happy Jack"/"Cobwebs and Strange," done in black and white,
silent movie style.  Next up (I think) are The Who in performance/rehearsal
after about 1966.  These videos are good because The Who is good.  It
doesn't matter what they're wearing or how their hair is cut--they're just
good.  I'd be interested in some other opinions on this one--maybe from some
of the younger fans.  Do the late 60's through '82 Who videos look awfully
outdated these days, or are they just The Who?

So back to the album: I notice that videos often express the theme of the
album, maybe featuring the title cut.  That means we're in serious trouble
here with the parent/teen relationship thing.  Assuming for a moment that it
would take a similar shape to the TKAA/MG expansions of last summer, what
would make a good video?  I'm thinking it'll be The Who in performance, and
I think the song to do would be "Crossroads Now" with that challenge in it.

Comments from anybody?

keets