Re: I...Love...MY...Direc....T...V!

re:

> Well, I hope you're right.  I know it was a "daily ticket" (pay once and
> watch all day), but I'm not so certain that it will be daily.  They
usually
> indicate something to that effect, or they list all the dates.  All the
adds
> kept emphasizing August 4th, August 4th.

He is right.  That was the *premiere* date.

>From DirecTv's press release at
http://www.directv.com/press/pressdel/0,1112,420,00.html:

"This pay per view broadcast of The Who's all-star charity concert will
premiere on Saturday, Aug. 4, 2001 at 9:00 p.m. ET for $19.95, and will air
exclusively to DIRECTV customers on viewer channel 101. DIRECTV customers
can also purchase ALL DAY TICKETTM replays of the concert through Labor Day
weekend, which allows a customer to pay just once and watch the concert any
time during the broadcast day, from 6 a.m. (ET) to 5:59 a.m. (ET) the
following morning. This pay per view event is not available on any other
multi-channel service."