Re: New Who for you

>Does it? Where's that new album? Oh, he's working on a Broadway version of
>Quad instead? Or sailing? I guess then it doesn't work.

I was pleased with the two new TKAA and MG mp3s from the summer tour.  They
would serve as the outline for an album, but even if The Who never go on and
record any more songs for it, those two are enough for me.  The message came
across.

>I think you're dead wrong on this one. Roger is the one who has brought
>back the old music every time.  Wasn't it his symphony tour that made Pete
>want to reform and tour Quad? I still maintain that Roger is the "Mike
>Love" of the band, content with doing and redoing the oldies while Pete
>always wanted to move forward...and John doesn't care either way, as long
>as they tour it.

The album remasters is what we were discussing, though.  Roger wants to sing
the songs, not sit and listen to old tapes.  I doubt very much if he's been
much involved in it.

> > People move their mouths and nothing comes out?
>
>It has to get that bad first. Don't you know people who don't realize their
>deaf?

Sure.  Generally it's the higher frequencies that go first, and so people
continue to hear lower sounds perfectly well.  I don't know much about
tinnitus, though.  Do you suppose Pete woke up the morning after with noise
in his head and it's been there ever since?

>It's apples and oranges. As a Rock writer, Elton is a great writer for
>soundtrack music. So is Sting, which is a real shame and a loss IMHO. Phil
>Collins, on the other hand, makes lousy music no matter what it's for.
>
>I do NOT want Pete to fall into this particular category.

What did you think of Dylan's Oscar?

> > adults may be a little uncomfortable that rock is now music for
>children, but there it is.
>
>Apparently you haven't heard any Korn or Tool or Rob Zombie or Marilyn
>Manson or Metallica or...

Is that rock music?  I thought you had a pretty strict definition.  Plus, I
dunno that Metallica fits into that group.  Too old.  ;)

>Pete may feel that way, but I don't agree...The Who have always been about
>change; they changed with every album from the first until Quad. They could
>do anything, from the Gateway mix of Who Are You to a Rockabilly version of
>Shaking All Over...they are the only ones holding themselves back.

I don't know that they're into change just for the sake of changing.
Wouldn't that be what The Stones do?

keets