repost

News from the Pete Townshend list:

>An article in May's Record Collector:

>WHO guitarist PETE TOWNSHEND is working on the third of his "Scoop" series
>of demo collections and has uploaded MP3's of various works-in- progress to
>his official web-site, www.petetownshend.com. Click on 'Petes dairies' for
>the latest snippets.  In addition, Townshend is overseeing a Who tribute
>album to be released by Edel later in the year. The star studded project
>includes DAVID BOWIE ("Pictures of Lily"), STEREOPHONICS ("Who Are You?"),
>PEARL JAM ("The Kids Are Alright"), PAUL WELLER ("Circles"), SHERYL CROW
>("Behind Blue Eyes"),
and PHISH ("5:15"). The album, "Substitute-The Songs Of The Who", is
scheduled for release on 7th of May and a tie-in Channel 4 special has been
mooted, along with the possibility of a filmed one-off gig featuring
contributing artists.  Finally, The Who's charity bash at the Royal Albert
Hall last November, with guest appearances by Pearl Jam's EDDIE VEDDER, NOEL
GALLAGHER and BRYAN ADAMS will be issued on DVD Video in the summer.  It
should be followed by a Quadrophenia DVD Video, also revamped under
Townshend's watchful gaze, while a 2-CD "Live At Leeds" set containing
"Tommy" material has been mooted for release in the autumn.

I gather this is QUAD the movie they're talking about, since they say
"revamped."  Still hoping for one of the QUAD tour...

keets