Re: Remasters

> I can see that point, but wouldn't you be irritated if Pete completely
> abandoned ED and The Who in favor of Broadway?

Keets:

Presented with the choice of "either or" I'd have to answer Yes. I would.
Let's see if anyone can get this movie quote: "Leave the kid alone!" Another
great movie....

> He could flit from show to
> show, writing great, award-winning songs like Elton John.

And that's precisely why. EJ is OK, but I'm a WHO fan!

> Oh don't get Luke Pacholski started. I sometimes think he thinks that one
> was the worst of all.

Brian:

That's the danger...there's too much extremism in this particular argument.

> The Who's music is very important (and am I preaching to the choir or
what?)
> and deserves to be treated with the utmost care and respect. Anything less
> than that is a sacrilege.

And one has to wonder how an admittedly great) album like Pet Sounds, which
didn't sell as well as LAL, gets reissued four times (including a 3 disc
boxed set) and we can't get TLAL even once.

> And likely that's because Pete's the only one who's even that interested.

Keets:

I wouldn't count on that. My instincts tell me Roger might be more
interested.

> Is this a reference to Angel Heart?

MB:

DING! You got it. One of my favorite movies, still. A must see.

> I know Pete and john have bad hearing but I thought Roger once said he has
> only lost part of his hearing..is this true??

Scott P:

How would he know anyway? It's not like you can hear the difference yourself
until it gets bad.

> Did I ever say it was *never* critical?

Jon:

Yeah, well you KNOW I'm quite critical at times. When it's warranted.

> If they won't release music when they were at their
> peak what makes you think they will record
> something now?

Bruce:

Because I think they have come to believe they have only the worst of
leftovers in the vaults now (and that might be true; do you know if The Who
ever recorded Do The Strip and can you imagine how terrible that would be?).

A pause here so Jon and Scott can appreciate my critical non-flattering
analysis of a Peter Townshend original composition.

OK, back to it. Besides, Bruce, they HAVE recorded something "now" if you
consider BTTB and the upcoming DVD of the RAH show. Another thing to
consider: they might have a lot more control over new material, whereas the
old stuff would have to be released on MCA. And who knows how much bullshit
THAT might entail? Who was it who would not issue TLAL and the King Biscuit
show and a double O&S etc. etc. etc.? Where is my House That Track Built
version of Young Man Blues, already?

"Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican."
     George "Wacka Jawaka" Bush

               Cheers                 ML