RE: BargainClevelandVideoWaterJohn'sHouse

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: A Bargain
>
>> I particularly love it
>>when I hear Pete wax on and confirm thoughts that I've had, and even
posted
>>on this list.
>
>About love affairs between bands and their fans?  Lovely idea.  I've
decided
>that's what ALMOST FAMOUS was about, you know?

No, I'm thinking more on the lines of Lifehouse and the joining of forces to
take you to another place.  The power of congregation (just struck me why
people pray together).  The power of The Who to elevate and bring the energy
of fan and band together. And, for the record, I disagree with Pete that
"other bands as well" were having this effect.  Perhaps, but not to the same
degree.

>>For those of you who didn't take advantage of the Cleveland Tree
>Got a video?  :)

I wish.  If anyone has, E-mail me off list for a trade. :-)

>From: Rich <legalize@xmission.com>
>Subject: Re: Water
>Me too!  I always interpreted the lyrics in the form of water as a
>euphamism for God's love, a la Drowned, Love Reign/Rain O'er Me, etc.

Hmmmmm, give me love but if I can't have that, just give me someone's
daughter!!!??!!!
I've been subscribed to that theory in the past.
I always like how Keith really gets into this song, with his sneer and
raising his fist to the crowd like "oh thank heaven for little girls....."
;-)
Man, I miss Keith.

>From: Pilam76@aol.com
>Subject: Re: WATER!
>apparently no one reacted well to it. It is an aquired taste.

It's the ending that seems to not have a full commitment from all of the
band.  It's just never nailed.

>My advice, if you hate this song,listen to the versions from IOW 1970

It's been part of my Lifehouse Who Compilation tape that is stuck (just
kidding) in my car cassette player for years now.

>>I could swear that it wasn't just John who alluded to that.>-FROM KEVIN
>Can you give us an example kevin?

I can swear, but I was hoping someone else could supply the proof.  I may
just be confusing John's detailed discussion, or someone on a list, with
fact.  But, I find it hard to believe that John would mention this multiple
times and in detail with out it being at least talked about briefly with his
bandito's.

Stay in Tune,
Kevin in VT