Re: Well, we're waiting Mr Cady

Well, here's Luke Pacholski's take on the U.S. reissue of The Kids Are Alright soundtrack. I hope he won't mind me posting it here:

"Ok, so this is now out in the US. Picked it up today. I have 3 words for all of you:
DON'T F***ING BOTHER
The 'Remixed Stereo Version' of Magic Bus, is, in fact, mono. It would seem that Jon [Astley] made no attempt to find/use better
masters - my guess is he just used one of the album masters, rather than going and getting individual tapes for each song. In
particular, I'm pretty sure Happy Jack is the version from the original LP, and not a remixed version (ie, from the reissued LAL
CD). AQO still sounds bad compared to the audio in the movie itself. Also, all the tracks have tons of noise reduction.
This one is bad, even for Jon..."

I'm glad Luke commented on it, because frankly, I had no intention of purchasing any of the new soundtrack releases anyway. I
already have good enough CD copies of them all, not to mention multiple vinyl originals, so indeed, why bother?

-Brian in Atlanta
 The Who This Month!
 Go to: http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm