Re: WATER!

In a message dated 04/19/2001 11:48:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Kevin.ONeal@vtmednet.org writes:

I've always had the feeling the The Who was never really comfortable with
this song.  I've yet to hear a version that they "nailed".
For me the song is weird, definitely an acquired taste.  That is until you
get to Pete's solo's.  Then, holy shit.

How true Kevin, They played it in 1970 to push it but apparently no one
reacted well to it. It is an aquired taste. My advice, if you hate this song,
listen to the versions from IOW 1970 and tanglewood 7.7.70 over and over
again. The first few times i heard it i would skip through most of it.

<I could swear that it wasn't just John who alluded to that.>-FROM KEVIN
Can you give us an example kevin?

scott p. not scott s.
THEY ARE ALWAYS CAUSING TROUBLE-pete, IOW, 1970