RE: A Bargain

Kevin in VT quotes Pete of UK
"The next track is a <edit>.......called a Bargain.....this song is about
the fact that when you came to a concert..........expecting to just get
music, you got a bargain <strums guitar>  'cause you got something else as
well."  PT

I've been toying with the question of what my newly-rediscoverd Who
obsession is about.  This quote touches on that theme.  I've concluded that
it is about a little self-indulgence in a life full of responsibilities.
The great "Bargain" (as you say, Kevin) is that you get to share your
indulgence in your own pleasure with others.  Its kind of like the pleasure
you get when you indulge your brain in some intoxicating substance, and get
added pleasure from sharing said substance with others who's company you
enjoy.

For me the core of the Who pleasure is the self indulgence of it.  There is
an energy to be felt from the surrounding crowd and that is important to the
buzz, but it is the sensations inside my head that come from the music, the
spectacle, and the nostalgia of similar pleasures that really curls my toes.

Jeff