Re: The Who on cd

I expected more comment on the sales figures.  I suspect the audience at
Amazon.com might be a touch um, older and more conservative than some (it
feels like shopping for cds at a book store), but I was still surprised at
how these fell out.

For one thing, I was really amazed at how well TWENTIETH CENTURY MASTERS is
doing.  Most of the list fans seemed to blow that one off. (Has anybody got
it?  Is it part of a collector's series?  What's it like?)  I was also
surprised that ODDS AND SODS came in so low.  I thought it was an excellent
compilation.

I wasn't suprised that LIVE AT LEEDS and WHO'S NEXT came in neck-in-neck,
but I was surprised that QUAD beat out TOMMY.  QUAD is supposed to be the
great under-rated Who album, isn't it?  Unknown and unappreciated for 20
years?  Well, one little promotional tour, and now look at it!

Then there's the mystifying question of why IT'S HARD sells better than WHO
BY NUMBERS and WHO ARE YOU (one of my personal favorites).  If sales of ISLE
OF WIGHT were affected by the video sales, you'd think it would have
recovered some by now.  Plus, I generally prefer it to LAL.  So why is it
still almost dead last?  Anybody have an explanation for that one?

And what's A QUICK ONE doing down there at the bottom?  Why not FACE DANCES?
  Does the general buying public maybe have different opinions than the
rabid Whofan lists?

Studio albums and live stuff:

>420      Live at Leeds
>445      Who's Next