Re: Pete's Snippets

I am sorry if I came across as " how dare you not know the difference between
kenny and keith", pls excuse my arrogance.  anyway, I always felt I could
hear the differences in drumming as distinctly as  some can distinguish
voices/vocals.  But I will submit the following as my "honest opinion", and
hope that upon a closer listen, others will agree w me. I do not have the
re-mastered tommy soundtrack, but I do have the album and the orig CD..it has
liner notes...each song is listed as being performed by a wide variety of
drummers, or it is listed as being performed by "The Who".  some songs are
listed as being performed by Pete T. but with certain vocalists. I recognize
pete's drumming on songs like "Mother and Son". When I say "recognize", I
mean from listening to "Who Came First" about a thousand times.  Other
Drummers listed on various songs areKenny Jones, Tony newman, Mike
Kelly,graham deacon, etc.
    As far as Pete's drumming on QUAD, I am almost sure he does that short
drum roll intro to the SONG "Quadrophenia" (right after Roger sings the final
"Can you see the real me-me-me-me-me-me-me......", and then you hear that
same type drumroll again at :45 secs into that song.    it just sounds like
the "drumrolls" he does on Who Came First, and on the "Mother and Son" song
on the Tommy soundtrack.....The Quad thing really is a "Snippet", but I have
just always recognized it as pete, don't know why it was edited into the
song, tho I know they can edit bits in like that.....Does anyone else think I
may be correct on this, is it too much minutia?             Jeff