Re: possible Moon movie story lines

>Gern B  "> > I think what might be a cool idea is sort of paralleling
>Moon's
> >destruction with the "destruction" or evolution of rock and roll. Moon
>was
> >a rock monster who thrived on big rock, a big sound. As rock grew more
> >outrageous (moving to stadiums, the excesses of rock icons) so did he.
>In
> >fact, he is the perfect personification (if that's the right word) of
>the
> >rock and roll phenomenon. Then punk and disco began gaining popularity,
> >sort of making his kind a dinosaur."
>
>Sounds like "Boogie Nights" to me, where they paralleled the construction
>and destruction of the 70s disco/coke/casual sex culture with the rise
>and fall of several characters.  This would work great with the Moon/Who
>story.
>
>Jeff

It is very much like that, except for one slight difference. If anyone ever
asks me what "Boogie Nights" is about, I say it follows the porn industry
and how these characters are caught up in it. I don't say, it's about Dirk
Diggler. I think a Moon movie needs to keep Moon at the center, more like,
"The People Versus Larry Flynt." there are enough episodes in the guy's life
to make it entertaining, yet the movie really hangs it's hat on the whole
freedom of speech theme. With Moon, he's very entertaining, but there has to
be a bigger theme to hang the movie on. Otherwise, they'll just remake
"Arthur," except that he'll die at the end.

-gern