Re: RS Aerosmith interview

>This week's Rolling Stone has a lengthy story about Aerosmith that
>includes some great quotes about the wisdom of staying together and
>continuing to rock out into middle age.  Unfortunately, the online
>version does not include the geezer quotes.  Check it out.
>
>I think the Bad Boys from Boston have some words of wisdom that TED might
>be wise to read.

I guess they've made the announcement they intend to go for it, but ya know,
I was watching the RnR Hall of Fame induction and thinking they needed to
have a look at what TED are doing.  Maybe the geezers all just need to hang
together.

I'm sure Aerosmith is watching The Stones and thinking yeah, we can do it,
too--but I think they're having problems.  Steven Tyler looked less than his
usual confident self at the show.  Maybe he was just having an off night,
but I'm thinking he sang second tenor on "Sweet Emotion" because he can't
hit that high note any more.  Their album must be selling well, but I've
heard some comments to the effect that they're in need of younger fans.

TED have made the transition to middle age very gracefully, and they sound
great.  Notice that Bowie was out having a look at MSG, and I'm sure some
other musicians are watching, too.

Will have to look for the magazine.

keets