Rock & Roll's Ten Wackiest Pranks

Jsut read this on Rollingstone.com newsletter ...

Keith Moon ranked #2 only behind the whole Paul is Dead pranks:

The Wrong Side of Keith Moon
Rock & roll's Original Prankster, the late Keith Moon, often upstaged his
own flair for manic drum fills with a propensity for driving cars into
swimming pools and menacing neighbor Steve McQueen while dressed in full
Nazi regalia. But the Who stickman's most famous prank occurred during his
band's 1967 appearance on The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour, when he bribed
a CBS stagehand to fill his bass drums with several times the usual amount
of explosive powder. Immortalized in the opening scenes of the movie The
Kids Are Alright, the ensuing conflagration -- perfectly timed to coincide
with the smash-it-up ending of "My Generation" -- not only blew Moon to the
back of the soundstage, but also permanently damaged Pete Townshend's
hearing. Don't try this one at home, kids . . .

I knew of the Smother Brothers incident, but I never herd about driving cars
into swimming pools and such ... although I don't doubt it.

Later,
Brian Wright