Re: Brainpower; Pete on drugs; The Kids are cut up

> I am at a point in one of my master's classes that talks about brain
activity
> in learning and creativity.  It has nothing to do with age..unless maybe
when
> you're in your 80's and 90's.  But even then, It has more to do with not
> using or exercising your brain.

Deni:

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. "Use it or lose it." So one could make a
very good argument that Pete should write Who songs for his own mental
health.

> Well, I'll chime in on a few notes. First off Pete was heavily into booze
> but nothing else from 1968 through the beginning of 1980.

Brian:

I know the odds of you being wrong are less than those of Bush making a
complete coherent sentence, but I do recall Pete giving up drugs for Baba
"but having a problem giving up Pot." That would certainly be during the
1968 period.

> I'm at the point of redubbing my vhs with the audio from the original vhs
> release.

Drew:

I don't know the logistics of the matter for you (or anyone else interested
in getting a correct copy), but the laserdisc version of TKAA is complete
and not sped up. A friend made me a copy several years ago. If the movie is
copied to be traded, it's best done from a perfect source like
this...because videotape has a limited lifespan, and that amount of extra
use would kill it.
So if you can find a copy and a laserdisc player (the latter shouldn't be a
problem; they're fairly common in Pawn shops)...

"I don't have the slightest idea what I was saying."
         George "no shit, Sherlock" Bush

               Cheers                 ML