Re: A Quick One - OHHHHHHHHATLANTA

First of all, my first comment to Mark after the show was: "Hendrix and
everybody else are pu**y's!"  I defy anybody to show an example of better
guitar work or showmanship.

This was my first preshow, and it was almost worth the trip from North
Carolina in and of itself.  Scott, Brian, Virginia, Joe, ....it was really
cool to be able to put faces with the names.  I make my meager living in a
band as well, and it did my heart good to see real music lovers congregate.

I was given room, board, and all-around great hospitality by Mark and Dee
Dee Leaman.  If anybody is ever going through Myrtle Beach, you really owe
it to yourself to stop into Generations CD's and talk to Mark.  We spent the
night before the show watching very rare Who video and talking about the
Who, Kinks, and other bands that mattered.

We stayed in a Motel 6 just outside of Atlanta...it was a nice enough place,
but none of the lamps in my room had any bulbs in them....doesn't Tom
Bodette tell us that he'll leave the light on for us?  Also, it was a
non-smoking room, but it had an ashtray in it that had a NO SMOKING sticker
on it.

The show was fantastic, eclipsing the times that I'd seen them in '89 and
even in '97, which I thought they'd never top.  Zak went apesh*t for some
reason in YBYB, and the band seemed to get a kick out of it.  If anybody
else complains about Zak, they should be lynched in the street.  Best rock
drummer alive, I say.

Also, the programs sold at the show were really well done and actually worth
the $20 dollar price.  Hopefully some of the apparel (like that great
windbreaker) will be cheaper on the net once the tour is over.

Greatest show I've ever seen.

p.s.

Thanks to Brian Cady for the "Roots"