various reactionary thoughts

Brian, Schrade, Keets, Derick, Mark, Scott -

A hearty thanks to all of you for the recent detailed reviews.  I
especially like the personal stuff that is added in.  Your reactions and
emotional responses are quite fun.  It feels so good to unclench one's
sphincter and ride along with 10,000 people, some brilliant musicians and
some powerful amplifiers.

I like Brian's assessment that this really is the Lifehouse tour - both
musically and emotionally.  A communal hippie-like Dead thing with high
energy and volume.  In the five-man lineup they are able to channel and
interact with each other and the vibe in a jazz-like way.

Mick,
Where did you get that PT article from Creem?  I would love to see an
essay/poem that I remember from the late seventies in Creem that
recounted the experience of attending a Who show.  The author referred to
Who fans as "guzzle tokers".  Does this ring any bells?

BTW, sorry I don't think I can pick a Who top five.  It is way too
difficult to narrow down.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow obsessives in NY on 10/4!

Jeff