A Quick One

A quick comment about Atlanta before I pass out...

The preshow was great, as they are for me everytime. Met plenty of friends,
probably missed some who were there, definitely missed those who were not.
For me the preshow is as good as the show.

It was Pete's night. Daltrey, Entwistle (who threw in a bit of The Ox during
his bass solo in 5:15), Starkey and Brundrick were all great. But Pete was
beyond great. He's the best guitarist right now he's ever been in his life.
Highlights for me: The Relay (fourth song, and if there had been no more I
would have left happy...I got tears in my eyes, yes I did, so I guess I'm
not such a tough guy after all), Let's See Action, Getting In Tune, The Real
Me, Bargain, My Wife, My Generation (which had a section which sounded
remarkedly like The Doors). Baba & YBYB were low points...both were nailed
but nothing more than that. Both Pinball Wizard and BBE were better than I
expected. The beginning of BBE was once again the most spiritual part of the
show...as everyone softly sang along, the current was actually tangible. The
openers ICE and Substitute were very good, but with AAA the energy level
shifted up and then came The Relay...I can't say enough about how effin'
great it was. We did NOT get any additional material in TKAA. The show was 2
and a half hours long.
I'd have to say it's not the best Who show I've seen, but it was as good as
Raleigh `97 and Pete was better than I've ever seen him. If he'd broken into
Layla, I wouldn't have been surprised. Jon Dawson will tell you his first
comment to me after the show.
That's about all I can give after two days of all-day driving. Sorry. Others
will undoubtedly say more. One thing's for sure; The Who are definitely a
living band. This is no oldies show. Power to the correct people!

"(My favorite song is) `Wake Up Little Susie' by Buddy Holly."
       George W Bush, boy genius, Presidential candidate 2000

        Cheers                 ML