Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V7 #256

>I just recently finished reading the biography on Kieth Moon, written by
>Fletcher.  There is no doubt Moon was out of shape in early 1978, and he
>quotes Entwistle saying that Moon "was disgusted with himself."  But the
>fact is Moon, in the months leading up to, and in the recording, of WAY did
>get into pretty good shape.  He sobered up and, ulltimatly, played well on
>the album.

Still, he was so inconsistent they thought they'd have to get another
drummer to finish it.

Do you really think that people who realize their behavior is
self-destructive can change it?  He meant to sober up, but that thought only
applied to booze and illegal drugs.  He remained as impulsive as ever, which
led to the OD on a "safe" prescription drug.

keets