RE: Live Aid

On UK tv some years ago, I think it was a ten year anniversary programme,
they showed excerpts from the Wembley show of Live Aid. Me, thinking I was
going to see the 'unseen footage', recorded The Who's section of the
programme. Alas, the missing part was still missing. They showed an
interview with one of the BBC sound technicians who was working that day,
and it seemed that the problem was traced to a huge fuse which had blown
 The 'Oo were on stage - what did they expect!).
Anyway, I doubt whether an uncut version does exist and that you're right
Scott, only the audience in the stadium actually saw the full set.
A rather funny tale was also told on that same programme. As you probably
know, each artist was only allowed a strict 20 minute odd segment for their
respective sets. At the front of the stage was a set of lights along the
lines of: green - you're ok to play, yellow - you're times running out, and
red- we're gonna pull the plugs on you - get off. Most bands pretty much
stuck to this without too many problems, apparently. Pete when one of the
warning lights lit up, proceeded to put his boot through them!
Cheers,

Roger C.