Re: WHO IN MANCHESTER HARDROCK ETC...

At 08:20 AM 09/17/2000, Afterglow wrote:
>  KENNEY QUESTION...
>
> >I think they closed up shop.  Not much future in a band that doesn't tour
> > and doesn't make albums.
> > keets
>
> > In 89 roger wouldn't go out if kenney was there and Pete wouldn't go out
> > unless they had a big band. Rog didn't like kenney's drumming style...
>
> > exactly...roger said kenny wasnt a who drummer....hes has nothing against
> > him..they are good friends.....
>                                     SCOTT
>
>I realise the band shut up shop for a bit but Kenney was actually signed
>up as a 100% Who member which gave all members 25% each so when the Who
>came back without Kenney I was quite surprised especially as he was an
>official member - oh well, just curious.

My understanding is that he was still a full member until 88 and even
performed with them on the UK version of Grammys in 88 where they got a
life achievement award(I have the video).  At that time they were in
discussion/planning stage for the 89 tour.  Roger was insistent, as long as
Kenny was a member he (Rog) wouldn't agree to the tour.  Kenny had a chance
to join another band and took it, thus officially leaving the band and
creating the opportunity for them to take on a new drummer, this time FOR
HIRE.

Kathy

If you like Roger Daltrey visit my web site:
http://woof.simplenet.com/Roger/index.html