DeadMilkmen CrackTheSky RootBoySlim&TheSexchangeBand

Jill:  You said "Jeff - the latest news is that Root Boy Slim and Crack
the Sky are gonna
open for the WHO at MSG!   But only because the Dead Milkmen were
feeling a little under the weather."

I am on it!

The Milkmen (or DM) to their fans are still together and don't look too
strung out.  Maybe we should give them a call.
http://www.deadmilkmen.com/

Crack the Sky are also still together and are performing 11/25/00 in
Towson, Maryland.  They have a new live CD just out. I will get it when I
have a few bucks.  These guys are a fun bridge between classic rock, new
wave and prog rock.  My favorite songs "Ice", "Shes a Dancer", " Lighten
Up McGraw".  Who wants to call them?  Very cool Maryland band - no shit!
http://www.crackthesky.com/

Root Boy is dead (1993)  I don't think the Sex Change Band and the
Rootettes are carrying on without him.  This web page has a cool picture
from a perfomance in Frederick, MD (my home town).
Blues/Punk/Alternative
http://www.amcorner.com/irscorner/r/rootboy.html

That was fun for me.  Way off topic and proof positive that I have too
much time on my hands.

Jeff

BTW - Didn't New Wave lead directly into Alternative?  I do despise those
two terms, they are quite difficult to apply to any particular musical
form.  They seem to be more  fashion than music related.