Re-What is new Wave ?

Intersting points Kevin,but I think this may have all begun to have
happened (to Pete) since 1978 and the WAY album. Pete certainly began
to dress differntly from around then,then ther's the famous WAY incident,
and the people that were in his company etc................
The asking of the music world to change 'Music Must Change' and the
other things beagn their influence on him too,notably the film industry.
By the time you get to those final three albums the change is very evident.
Clothes,guitars,his guitar parts have all changed and differ
from previously,plus the ermergence of Rabbit and keyboards as almost
a main feature on occsaion lends a differnt Pete/Who style which is
perhaps almost welcome. some did not care much for this.But you must
remember,it's almost a differnt band now. After all,'Eminence Front'
was used for an episode of the flashy,glitzy 'Miami Vice'. Fits, does
it not ?  So the question is, were The Who ever new Wave or perhaps
a little 'New Wavy '? My answer is yes to a point,they again may have
perhaps unkowingly influenced the New Wave. And as you say, the new wavers
worshipped Pete. Stands to reason. Whatever your thoughts,I liked
it.
Regards,
Derick.