RE: MSG -Page/Crowes Cancellation

Ya know, I've been sitting back watching this thread for a while now, and
I just must respond to this post.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE The Who and
esp Pete, but let's get real.  Jimmy Page is a WAY better guitarist.  Show
me one song where Pete belts it out better than Jimmy!  Let's not be
disillusioned, next I'll be hearing "Townshend is better than Hendrix!".

><> Justin D. Trout

Jimmy Page and Pete are completely different guitar players. Page is more
Blues based while Pete is move rhythm based. But to say one is better than
the other is crazy. First of all Jimmy Page is one of the sloppiest
guitarist of all time. Which is great for the style of writing Zeppelin had.
Physical Graffiti and Zep II are great albums . Pete plays more of a rhythm
/ lead player. He has a much fuller sound in the context of the tunes.

Pete had once said he wished he could play lead like Jeff Beck or Jimmy
Page. Page and Beck said they  wished they could write songs like Pete
Townshend.

P.S. IMHO- Jimmy Hendrix could play his ass off but has maybe 5 good songs.
He's a great guitarist but a mediocre songwriter.

Kevin