RE: Boots and such

>From: "Derick Bhupsingh" <circles01@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [petetownshend] Re: Pete's shoes
>I'm not all that sure what Pete's wearing on his feet these days, but
>he did not always wear Dr. Martens. For a while in england anyway, Pete
>used to wear a fairly non-descript boot which only just went above the
>ankles which most people used to call 'a monkey boot'.

Are you talking about "Camel Boots" here????  The suede leather ankle high
boots with the "spongy" bottoms that used to get real gunky after a
while????
Pete is sporting a pair in the picture of him on "coolwalkings" where he is
wearing the trench coat (I don't have the cd with me, so I may be wrong on
the exact picture).  Smashing pic. by the way.
My point here is, that I wear those shoes almost exclusively (when I'm not
in Birks or work shoes. I've unfortunately hung up my Army Boots.  Boy those
were great for slam dancing!)
***No better boot then the camel boot!!****  And, yes it was Pete's
influence that's had me in those since 1979!

>This can be seen and is featured on an official Track records publicity
poster (B+W)
>which was printed sometime around 1971/72. The Monkey boot can be seen
>clearly as Pete is sitting and keith sits on John's lap while Roger
>stands. I used to have a pair back then.

I think that's it!!!

>in fact some kids
>at school would laugh when I wore em'! However,they were cheap and
>fairly comfortable and My hero wore em'!
>Regards,
>Derick.

Brothers in boots!!!  Who would have known!!???

>Oh Jess, you might be too young....I'm talking about Paul is Dead
>here.....and one of the many clues proving he was dead was the fact that
>he was the only one barefoot on the Abbey Road cover,  and the Italians
>supposedly bury their dead shoeless, and he died in a traffic accident
>in Italy, see....

**PAUL IS DEAD???????????**

Kevin in VT (who's not an asshole, irregardless of what George says ;)