Gaslighting; Plant N' Paging; Selling Out; Shoes for industry

>Mark, I loved your post!

Jill:

Thanks! And I thought I was going to get a ton of hate Email. Well, it's
early days yet.

>Daltrey.  They love Jimmy Buffett.  They love Stevie Nicks.  Journey and
>Kansas rock, man.

These are the popular bands. Bob Seger, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith,
Eagles...there are a bunch of them, and I know because I see what sells
first and most out of my Classic Rock rack. The Who is selling better since
the tour, though.

>...and I end up feeling kinda all alone.

You still have us. You shouldn't ever feel alone. We are the elite,
remember?

>YES at the Fillmore here?  I'm assuming they're asking because both
>bands have three letters in their names....

Good one!

>refuse to let them gaslight me...THEY are insane, not me...

I have to ask..."gaslight?"

>I could have swore I heard a newspaper reporter say have VH-1 that plant
>didn't want Jones involved b/c then they would be billed as ZEP and that is
>why they broke up after Bonham died.

Scott:

I'm not saying Plant didn't. In fact, it's a good bet he did (considering
other things he's said). But to then do what was essentially a Zep
tour...well, it makes me wonder (if you know what I mean).

>I think Pete is amazingly self-deprecating.  I like that.  But, I contend
>he has sold out.  He only reunites The Who as a vehicle to promote himself
>or his projects.

Toby:

I hate to agree, but the cynic in me forces me to. Even this tour promotes
the Lifehouse boxed set.

>update my liner notes for "The Kids Are Alright" with downloadable
QuickTime
>movies of the missing sequences.

Brian:

I think YOU deserve a VH1 award, my friend.

>    I have a question. Does anybody have an MP3 or WAV of Roger's song
>"Quicksilver Lightning" from the QUICKSILVER movie soundtrack?

Keith:

I have it as a single, and can make a WAV file of it for you. Probably
better not to think about the up & download time, but perhaps I can send you
a CD with it and some other things. I have programs which will clean it up
etc. Contact me privately.

>no, no! You've got it all wrong.This tour 'n name is really "
>'The proof beyond doubt tour'.

Derick:

You win! Best title I've seen and the one which sums it all up.

>Proof that The Who still are and indeed is the greatest rock'nroll band
>ever to walk the face of the earth. (thanks Mark!).

Don't thank me; thank them.

>(those big black shoes)...

Bjorn:

Well, I don't know but he did sing about Doc Martens on the song Uniforms.
And they come in black.

>It's Mr. Townshend's prerogative to do whatever he wishes. If he wants
>to sell records and make a lot of money from them,tour,whatever.

Derick:

This is true. If he was doing anything else to make money we probably
wouldn't like it.

"Nothing can be furthur than the truth."
       George W Bush, boy genius, Presidential candidate 2000

        Cheers                 ML