It's a girl Mrs Walker....

I thought that you lot may be interested in my 6 year old daughter, Stephanie.

Being a girl who takes an interest in what her Dad is up to, she started listening to The Who - not much chance of listening to anything else in my house; The Who's ALWAYS playing. Anyway to say that she started to get heavily into Tommy is an understatment.

Can you imagine a 6 year old girl who knows every word to the album? A girl who knows the film version word perfect & watches the video, & the IOW 1970 Live version of it, 3 or 4 times a week? A girl who goes to sleep every night listening to The Who on her personal stereo.

This is a girl who, for her sixth birthday present, wanted a guitar. We presented her with a 3/4 size acoustic thinking that she must want to learn to play. I got home from work to hear "See me, feel me" blasting from my speakers - I walked into my living room only to find her launching herself into mid-air, screwing her face up & windmilling as if her life depended on it! I only just managed to prevent her smashing her guitar on the floor! It was a movement that Pete himself would have been proud off.

She is deeply upset that I won't take her to Birmingham NEC, UK, in November to see the band - she says I must take my mobile phone so that I can ring her & she can listen in! She has also told me that when I die I have to leave her my Vespa so that she can ride around like Quadrophenia.

As a direct consequence to all of this, my wife now rants whenever I go into one of my mammoth Who sessions when I have a day off work. Then again my daughter and I are a lot closer as a result. When she's 8 I'll probably introduce her to drums & cherry bombs!!

LONG LIVE ROCK!!
Pete Clark