Electric TOMMY

> New subject of my choice: Does anyone have "Electric Tommy" done in '75?
> I just got a promo copy of it, and it has NOTHING to do with the movie!
> It sounds like someone from the Mafia did it! Look at these names: Toni
> Luisi, Joseph Renzetti, and Jim Valero. Where have I heard of these
> names?

I've never heard of it (or atleast I can't remember hearing of it).  What is it?
Keyboard & synthesizer TOMMY?  *That* kind of electric?

I have a few '70's compilation albums with orchestral-type re-arrangements
of TOMMY material.  Those are always fun.

The only good cover of TOMMY I've heard is from the first performance I saw
of the TOMMY on Broadway touring company.  That orchestra "band" (I think
there were only five guys - guitar, bass, drums, French horn, & keyboards) were
loud, raw, & just plain good.  I kept wishing I could've got a tape of just the audio
to that show.  Man those guys rocked!

The second time I saw TOMMY on Broadway (The WHO's TOMMY, I guess,
to be accurate) the band *wasn't* loud & *didn't* rock.

The most enjoyable WHO-cover artifact, though, is the disc you get with the WHO
IN SWEDEN book.  Talk about mangled lyrics!  Some of those versions are pretty
good though.  I guess The WHO toured a lot in Sweden in the '60's & must've
really stirred things up over there.  Lots of local bands were covering The WHO.

- SCHRADE in Akron