Re: Harmonic guitar

> Could someone with a bit more musical experience than I (I have zero)
> explain the concept of harmonics?

I play a little guitar.  It's about this big!  Har!

There are certain areas on each string where you can gently place your
finger & pluck to get a finging, kind of chime-like sound.  Think of the
beginning of "Roundabout" by YES.  Those are harmonics.  You don't
fret the note as per usual, you basically just rest your finger on the string
*above* the particular fret & pluck.  They're fun!

The term might take on a different meaning when it comes to chords, I'm
not sure.  I only play a little guitar!

Also, OX does some bass harmonics at the beginning of that version of
"Empty Glass" on the WHO ARE YOU CD reissue.  Bing Boong Bong!

- SCHRADE in Akron