screen names

Re this quote from someone (I can't tell who):
> Let's see. If we did an informal roll call, we'd
> have Erika,who is our
> fabulous Who Babe, I am nicknamed the Who Diva, the
> wonderful Pamela is our
> Who Girl (also when there's trouble she's our Who
> Brief*), Virginia is our
> Who Mom, and we have also Who Chick...
You're starting to run out of female terms there:)

> By the way, when such a term is needed, I refer to
> us collectively as "Who
> Femmes". That seems to suit us fine.  I like it

I find this code name thing a bit perplexing.  I hope someone can fill me
in.  I have been using my real name, but am now wondering if I am
breaching some unspoken list rule.

Is this a CB radio 'handle' throwback?  Should we protect our identities
to avoid stalking?  Is the code name used when one's real name is
uninteresting?  Is it an attempt at cuteness?  Is this an attempt to
simultaneously avoid and indulge in intimacy?  Is this none of my fucking
business?  Do we need to come up with screen names for all posters?

Here are a few screen names I am toying with for me:
Life House (a cute pun on my last name)
JeffWho (obvious)
WhoPrick (obvious to those who know me, and would identify my gender)
WhoLiberal (a political comment to be kept in the signature line)
Buck (I just like that)

Jeff House (my real name)