Re: New Kids; Daltrey's voice; Memories; Imagine a cynic; jumping with Britney

In a message dated 10/27/00 8:57:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> > Not me, I was happy to soak the standards (even better than the last time
> >to my surprise) in again. I just had to remind myself that *right in front
> >of me* is the greatest band in the world and they are playing LIVE.
>
>  Mike:
>
>  Oh, I tried. But I'd get distracted during these moments. "Where is that
>  one hitter?" "That's an odd shirt Pete's wearing." "Nice setup here in
>  Philips; it's a lot like North Charleston." "Damn, I wish Keets had come to
>  the preshow." "I hope someone gets a copy of the radio show."
>  And so on.

Like Keith Richards told Pete, "You think too much." ;)  Well, whatever the
state of mind that day.

Irvine's 'Pinball Wizard' is incredible IMO with a new John's single
fingering reverb in the beginning as seen on the video. 'Baba O' Riley' at
the Shoreline I went was real good to my surprise, a new beat by Zak that
gave it a new sound and direction.
1st leg, Chicago got some incredible standards going on. Those who had heard
'Relay', you know what I'm talking about. 'Magic Bus' sounded close to the
classic at some points. One of the best I heard so far I think. 'The Real Me'
is even better cuz Pete's playing electric on this one and can be seen on the
Tampa video clip at my site, just slammin' away single hard strums. 'Who Are
You'  is favorites to many and '5.15.' I used to be bored with that song but
including John's solo brought new life to it. I still want the band to play
'Dreaming from the Waist' on the tour just for John's bass work and Pete's
electric on 'Drowned' to go ga ga. Last time for that was 1982.

TGIF.

Mike
http://members.nbci.com/deafjob/thewho.htm