Re: Eddie Van NOT!

>Sadly, I agree with you.  Roger has commented recently about how hard it is
>to age.  I noticed (and I think others have pointed out) that there were
>times during some shows when Roger seemed genuinely bummed out.  I wonder
>if the condition of his chords is weighing on his mind.  Wouldn't be
>horribly ironic if Roger was the one to pull away from performing with The
>Who now?

Actually, you get the feeling RD meant retire from singing at about age 50.
He said in a couple of old interviews that he hoped to make it to there, and
he was such having nasty problems with range back in the late eighties and
early nineties that I'm sure he was wondering if he was going to make it.

Interestingly, I think he's got the whole thing pretty much under control
these days.  You're right that he sounded great live, and he sounds fine on
the recent studio cuts he's done.  I don't know if this has to do with
processing, as Mark suggests, or if it's just that he has more control over
conditions, but that just leaves the live recordings where you can identify
any problems at all.  Two outta three ain't bad.  (And I don't think he
sounds all that bad on the live stuff, either.)

keets