re:Quadrophenia& Comedy

I agree with Kevin that Quad is dead serious. As far as I can tell,there is
no
comedy about it,certainly not in the original album written by Pete. What
may
have been comedic about some aspects of LIVE performances that I CAN
acknowledge
are the following: With Keith,The Who would have him sing 'Bellboy' or
rather
Keith's parts in 'Bellboy' and most found it amusing,Keith would often
change
a few words here and there,and lets's face it.keith was not a singer.
The Quad tours of 96 and 97 was GG,PJ Proby and Billy Idol with small parts
on the tour.GG I would not call funny,I think it was meant to be more
aggressive than anything else. Billy Idol as the Bellboy was a bit funny at
the
end,when Roger would Kick him in the behind as he struggled with the
baggage!
But no, comedy IMHO was never part of Quad. Plus in the Film there's the
scene
when the mods and Rockers unknowingly spend the night together in the dark
building. No Quad is definately a most serious of an album,that's why it's
so
special to so many people. A masterpeice! Thanks Pete!
Regards,
Derick.
---
--- derick25@earthlink.net