Re: Eddie Van NOT!

on 10/24/00 6:12 PM, Jeff House at jjthandmeh@juno.com wrote:

> ML said  "The big thing these show is that this was Townshend's tour. Eddie
> Van Townshend, one might say."
>
> I was with you in the first sentence - then YECH!  Didn't that stick to your
> tounge on the way out?  Pete is his own man.  You (Eddie Van) are no Pete
> Townshend.  Choose your own punchline here.  Eddie Van Halen should be
> Pete's bitch after this tour and the other 35 years of PT performances.

 Sorry? I consider myself a huge Who fan, but Eddie is playing a league
higher than Townshend when it comes to playing solos and Pete is the first
one to admit that(check the bio).

Ever seen Eddie on full throttle? If not, you should, you wont believe your
eyes and ears on what this man does with a guitar. Even John seems slow
compared to him (which is normal, bass needs much more strength on the
fingers)

F€X