Re: Eddie Van NOT!

> I was with you in the first sentence - then YECH!  Didn't that stick to
your
> tongue on the way out?  Pete is his own man.

Jeff:

This is exactly why I chose that one over my first instinct: (following Jon
Dawson's observation about Hendrix) to call him Stevie Ray Townshend. Not
being a guitar player myself I played it for a friend who is. His comment:
he's doing a lot of harmonics like EVH. So I mean no disrespect. I don't
like Halen anyway, apart from the first album.

> I took a fairly young buck to his 1st Who show in Boston.  His high
praise
> after the show was "they were better than Van Halen."

The band was always better, but guitarwise (even realizing how much Halen
got from Stanley Jordan) Pete wasn't ever as good...until now, maybe.

> the condition of his chords is weighing on his mind.  Wouldn't be
horribly
> ironic if Roger was the one to pull away from performing with The Who
now?

Yes, it would. There IS a solution, although I'm probably getting myself in
everyone's bad graces by suggesting it. Sorry, just keep in mind I do so in
hopes of a better-sounding and longer-lasting Who. Anyway, if Rog took a
hint from Ray Davies when Davies did the Talmy-produced albums, that is to
day he ran his voice through a device which made it sound different, then
he could sound pretty good. It wouldn't give him artificial highs or
anything, just change in much the way a distortion pedal does a guitar.
Let the bullets fly...

"I will have a foreign-handed foreign policy."
                         George W. Bush, boy genius

                    Cheers                  ML