Lifehouse webcast thoughts

So I went ahead and purchased the full webcast.  It's a delight to watch.  As I thought
when I saw the abridged version, I really, really wish this were out on video and DVD.

As an experiment in bringing the Lifehouse to reality, I'd say it's a good start but
there's still a way to go.  For one thing, it's not live (although that's been done as I
remember from staying up 'til 2 in the morning to see The Who at Bridge).  The picture is
fine for a webcast but five years from now no one will believe anyone paid to see a
picture fuzzy at 19" (but great at the 4" I have playing right now) and the sound is at
the level of a decent FM radio broadcast.  Not exactly like slipping on the experience
suit and thinking you're actually there.

Still, for $12.95 I'd say it's certainly worth it.  For your money you get 3 days access
to the concert (101 minutes) and another 30 minute Pete interview.  What makes it so
enjoyable to me is what might irritate Who purists and that is that the songs are
performed in such a different manner to The Who's versions.  Being so familiar with The
Who's readings, I find it both refreshing and enlightening to hear the songs played in
this way.  It would make a great video to put on after you've tired yourself out
air-windmilling to Isle Of Wight and want to relax and just hear the songs.

It's not often I'd encourage y'all to spend money on something you're not sure you'd want,
but as Pete says in one of the interviews, paying money to mcy.com for this encourages
them to do more work with Pete and watching this makes me want to see where Pete can take
this idea next.

Go to:
http://www.eelpie.com/webcast.html

"Jody Linscott and her jugs! (They're called bowls, really)"  -  Pete Townshend

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm