Re: Stay on topic please

>The bands management feels that there is little market for live concert
>videos and or DVDs of The Who, be it a complete classic Moon era show or
>something from the Quad tours or even a recent show from the tours here in
>the states.

I think these are two different cases entirely.  For older shows, folks are
always going to consider.  They'll think, well I've already got IOW and WHO
ROCK AMERICA, and THE WHO LIVE, and I'd rather have the '75 Detroit show
than this (gripe, whine), so I'll just spend my twenty bucks on trades
instead.  In other words, there are a certain number of collectors looking
for particular shows--and otherwise, the market might be severely limited.

I do think there's an immediate market for shows that are just complete,
though (an idea previously discussed on O&S).  I think people would buy the
shows they've recently seen so they can relive those wonderful moment during
the dark times when The Who isn't touring.  In this case, a limited run of
tapes (or DVD with low production costs) might sell.  Trades of the 2000
shows seem to be moving quite well.

Whatever, Pete seems to be testing the waters with his own releases.  He's
put out some old material, and now he's going to try the recent shows to see
how they fly.  I'm hoping he'll get around to a video of the Sadlers Wells
show.

keets