Re: Stay on topic please

>or relatively close... some of the recent threads have wandered pretty far
>afield.

I didn't think we were really that far off.  The topic under discussion was
possible reasons TED wouldn't release a QUAD tape or DVD.  First possible
reason was quality of their recordings, which Dave said should be adequate.
Second was the possiblity that GG's performance might be boycotted.  I don't
know that we decided on that one, but we did discuss the subtopic fairly
completely. ;)

The next impediment I could see would be the expense involved, compared to
the possible market.  How expensive is it to market a video?  Does anybody
have an idea?  If they do have a master of the quality Dave indicates, it
seems it would be easy to manufacture video tape copies.  What's involved
for encoding a DVD?  Would it be expensive enough that TED couldn't make a
profit, say if they marketed from TheWhodirect.com or from Eelpie.com?

keets