Re: Audiophenia

(Had to get this post in order after the spam's discharge)

Mark:
>But TLAL is unique in many ways, one being the only live version of Sally
Simpson before 1989 (that I know of) available. The performance is damned
strong, too...as good as the rest of the album. As I said before, Amsterdam
will always have a special place in my heart because it was the first live
Tommy I heard, but if I had to pick one to release it would be the LAL
version. >

Yeah? I first heard the live version of SALLY SIMPSON from the Amsterdam '69
boot. I think my first live Tommy boot was umm... Woodstock. One of my faves
still. After listening to too many performances of Tommy from tapes, it's
hard to pinpoint which is better. :)

>I'd have rather they left out Baba, BBE (although it was a very good version
in Atlanta), PW and WGFA.

I thought they did very well with the standards on this tour. Baba was
stunning at the Shoreline show. Magic Bus was funky. At least in the
beginning. But yeah... with exception of WGFA, a must! :)

>I wish they'd opened with I'm Free rather than ICE.

That would be something. Especially on the 1975 tour. I recall it being a
favorite from the film back then. But no... taking the safe route. Being
silly, Baba used to be my "starter."

>However, when I do want to hear it live I want the version from the first
tour of it. It's usually gotta lot more energy (because they're not tired of
it yet).

That's why fresh eggs taste better when they are used early. :) But with the
adrenaline, tension-pressure playing midway on tour, can make for a good
release. Looking back on the US tour, I realize Pete is self gratifying (new
riffs for a new album? bullshit. Roger needs a reality check) and
pretentious. Or actually generous. He's doing it to "help" out his mates,
whatever that means. (I was hoping he fell in love with the Who songs again)
Pretending to cuss out a Who fan at the MSG show takes the cake. I don't
think a new Who album will ever materialize at all. From experience, I'm not
gonna be suckered in again. I thought his graphics, diaries and free audio
and video clips are very nice thou. Yet it's easy to be misled. (like rats to
a piper's tune)

>What I'd like is a boxed set with the songs live from their period.

Still waiting.

>>Pete tells Trinifold to release such and such, will they implement it?
>Or Probably not. Usually the label says they can't make a profit and that
kills the deal. My ONLY grievance is with the mistake on "It's In You" on
Face Dances. Mainly a grievance because I can't get the song anywhere else...>

They will not make a profit if they don't invest in advertising. I think the
market for it is hot, now. Pete's site proved it me think.

Mike