Re: Audiophiles. Are They Sick?

> I think the point audiophiles were making is what happens when you have to listen through
> problems with the mastering to hear The Who.  Take, for instance, the cymbals on the 1995
> version of "Baba O'Riley". The original version has a lot of hiss on it so those in charge
> of the reissue ran it through tons of processing to get rid of it.  They did, but now
> Moon's cymbals sound more like white noise machines than cymbals.

I'll have to give remastered "Baba" a relisten.  Hey, remember that horrible remix of "Baba"
from the '80's where someone put some kind of echo effect on Moon's drums which made
them sound real weak?  Remember this?  I used to hear it on the radio & it made me pretty
mad because that was *extremely* obvious & uncalled for.  It might've been the first MCA
cheapo CD version.  I'm not sure 'cause I never bought it!

- SCHRADE in Akron