Boot tracks

>(Shaking All Over) and Sparks In The Bay, and they are definitely two
>different shows. Sparks has some Tommy material, with the middle missing.

Just to be accurate about this:

Live At The Fillmore East 1968 (aka Shaking All Over):

Summertime Blues/Fortune Teller/Tattoo/Little Billy/I Can't Explain/Happy
Jack/Relax/A Quick One/My Way/Shaking All Over/Boris The Spider/My
Generation/Young Man Blues

Notes: AQO starts with "Little girl/Why don't you stop your crying?" and
Young Man Blues is listed as from USA, Autumn 1969. The show itself is said
to be recorded live 4/5/68.

Fillmore West (aka Sparks In The Bay):

Heaven And Hell/I Can't Explain/Fortune Teller/Young Man Blues/Overture/It's
A Boy/You Didn't Hear It/Amazing Journey/Sparks/Eyesight To The
Blind/Christmas (cut off, has some of Amazing Journey, then into)/See Me
Feel Me/Summertime Blues/Shaking All Over

It's listed as being live in San Francisco 6/18/69.

Both bootlegs have very good sound quality, but the FW show was offspeed
(slow) and has the song jumble mentioned above. To get the correct speed,
download the demo of Goldwave...which I've found to be excellent for easily
changing the pitch. FE is probably the first and certainly the most famous
Who boot of all time. Everyone should own it, as it's the ultimate "photo"
of the pre-Tommy shows. With a little tinkering (Dart Pro for hiss and Cool
Edit for the LP surface noise) it sounds about as good as the unremixed
version of LAL. As mentioned above AQO is incomplete, also Relax and My
Generation fade out before their end. My Way has one garbled chorus where it
sounds like the tape was eaten...also repairable with Cool Edit.

I encourage this sort of information sharing about bootlegs, because often
(especially in the `60's and `70's but it's still true today) the people who
put out the things hasn't any knowledge of the band...therefore songs like
My Way are listed as Easy Going Guy and venues, dates, even the bands can be
incorrect. Then, of course, if a band does an unreleased song and doesn't
announce the title, it's anyone's guess. That sort of thing. The more info
we have, the less chance one of us will get ripped off. I'm always happy to
see someone reviewing a bootleg.

"Maybe I missed something here..."
      George W. Bush, in a moment of clarity

        Cheers                 ML