Re: WHO VIDEO/AUDIO TRADE

> > Hello everyone, I was really dissapointed the WHO didn't play in T.O
>Canada on this tour. Does anyone know why?
>
>I believe the problem was with SFX who were controlling the tour.  Part of
>why SFX has been booking these big name tours is to solidify their
>exclusivity over bookings for venues.  Canada refuses to grant exclusivity
>to SFX, naturally, so SFX refused to bring
>The Who to Canada.  A deal with the devil it would appear.

That may well be the underlying problem, but wasn't cost the announced
reason at the time?  Something about the way the equipment and such would be
taxed when crossing the border?

What was the other one that was cancelled?  Seems like enough Whofans would
have traveled to the event to make it reasonably profitable, so maybe it was
some similar squabble that led to cancellation.

keets