Daltrey Messiah Video Available (at last)

I had a video of this from the day it was filmed...but unfortunately was
unable to make an ntsc copy for those who asked me for it...
but this article appeared in an Irish newspaper this morning:

http://www.independent.ie/2000/284/d01o.shtml

THE controversial Millennium Messiah has been a financial flop.

It cost the taxpayer £700,000 and the producers hoped to give the same sum
back to charities as a share of its profits.

The trouble is, there haven't been any profits. And Millennium Minister
Seamus Brennan advised Labour's Ruairķ Quiinn yesterday not to be holding
his breath waiting for them.

The production company is trying to get contracts for TV rights in the
United States, Mr Brennan told the Dail.

But he was not ``hugely optimistic'' that any large donation of funds would
be made to charity. ``I would not hold my breath in terms of there being a
profit,'' he said in reply to Mr Quinn.

The much heralded production received £700,000 backing from Mr Brennan's
National Millennium Committee. It was savaged by the critics when broadcast
by RTE at Christmas.

Messiah XXI Productions Limited had pledged that 10pc annually, up to
£700,000, of any profits, would go to Irish charities.

The video is now on sale through public network broadcasting stations in the
United States and Canada.