BJORN TO BE WILD #2 (day 1; art gallery & Le Bar Bat)

Hello everybody,

It was the 5th of November and I finally got in NY (JFK). The trip was
allright. Billy (Magik) picked me up. He also had to pick up Rob who came
in for the last 2 MSG shows too. Together we headed out to pick up Joyce,
the we went to Manhattan to pick up my ticket and went to the JE artshow in
Soho. Seemed our party was denied entrance through this Soho doorway unless
we where on the list. Good thing I called them up a week ago and was on the
list. So we got in. The guy didn't even have to look it up in his list;
"Ciggaar" is an uncommon name... Jason Hare came in later, and was only
allowed in if he could spell my last name. :-)
The artshow was very nice; seemed there wasn't much left anymore though.
One Kevin added (since my last visit in Washington DC) and a Clapton
painting. John and Cy came in, and both even looked more tired then me. I
walked up to John after a while and told him I thought he was great at
"Buzzcocks". He just gave me the "yuck-yuck-yuck; I sure don't think
so"-look. John really doesn't talk that much... I actually got more "looks"
from him then he actually spoke to me... The looks say more though... This
man even says more then Pete; John sometimes talks in riddles, I'll talk
about that more later on...
And I just spent about 3 hours just watching John and hanging out with the
fans who came in. After that we headed out to go to B&N for the signing.
Clinton's ass blocked half of Manhattan, so we weren't able to make it in
time (what a fun ride that was). :-)

After some slices of pizza (and A LOT of garlic ;-)) we headed to Le Bar
Bat. Met a lot of fans (again) and bought about $40 worth of raffles. It
was for a good cause; music therapy (that means I get it back eventually)
and the big prize was a signed PT Chronicles box set.
Who's Next came on stage. They started out with a thanks for coming and
said they saw a lot of fans in the audience; including BJORN!!! Holy shit
man, I'm notorious!!! For me the highlights where "MG" and "AQO". When they
where jamming and you'd close your eyes you'd think it was The Who for a
second. These guys where really good. Ofcourse, not as good as The Who, but
actually very good in their OWN way. They rocked. I really liked the jams
they did. But to say their drummer was better then Zak... Nope, I'm
sorry... Very good drummer; very *FAST* drummer.

I spotted Godfrey in the audience; I met him briefly at Jones Beach and we
have e-mailed back and forth. He recognized me; "Hey, you're Beee-orn from
Sweden!" (close enough). :-) We talked a bit and he said he was actually
wanting to cut a new album with the JEB; and album of their own, and not
one that came of a cartoon series or anything else... He thinks they could
pull that off... It didn't sound like an all-scheduled plan, but it did
sound like a good idea to me!!! :-)

I met William Snyder again (he drove to the show all the way from Texas);
we first met at Pete Townshend's Lifehouse concerts at Sadler's Wells where
he came into the Q&A with this camera with a ridiculously big telelens - I
recall wondering if he was a photographer. ;-) (and well, size DOES matter
in Texas, I believe)

Then they drew the raffles. And guess what; I won the signed PT Chronicles
box set; and that just blew my mind. I didn't have it yet, because I
couldn't afford it (because of all those shows I attend).

Who's Next started playing again and later Godfrey joined in; and they sure
rocked. Naked Eye and Long Live Rock where really excellent; they where
amazing! I hope someone taped it! I was standing right in front of Godfrey
for most of the time... That was just amazing... Took some photo's
including one of Godfrey *nearly* windmilling (later on Godfrey told me
that John forbid him to do windmills in the JEB).

The show was excellent; Godfrey broke a string on his guitar and so he
played on on the cherry-red Pete Townshend guitar.

After all the fun and mayhem we headed to the pub and then onto Billy's
home to party on and finally go to sleep.

We really spent much quality time driving around NY with the Billy, the
Starcke twins, Sherridan, Joyce and Rob.

NEXT UP: BJORN TO BE WILD #3 (day 2; 6th of oct. MSG & afterwards)

Cheers,

Bjorn Ciggaar
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar

"JIMMY PAGE! JIMMY PAGE! JIMMY JIMMY FUCKING PAGE!!!"
- Pete Townshend @ MSG (last night)