Re: "And a child flew past me riding on a star..."

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000 23:17:30 -0400, "Mark R. Leaman"
<mleaman@sccoast.net> , late of Pablo Fanques Fair wrote:

>>I do indeed. And I think it is very childish in both cases.
>
>Kevin:
>
>Well, that's a rather childish way of looking at it...I suppose you might
>say it's a character flaw of mine, but I have this urge to inform the
>uninformed. I realize it's most likely in vain, but you never know...one day
>someone like you might choose the quote "Papoon for President" only to have
>some person who doesn't know squat about what he's talking about (in that
>case, Firesign Theatre) make a fuss. So really, I'm doing nothing more than
>standing up for YOUR rights...and this is the thanks I get...sheesh...

Right now you and Jim are both playing the "I have to post because
the other guy did" game. The result is that a lot of people wish you
both just shut up and leave this group to discussing The Who.

The way to handle that situation is just stop. One of two things can
happen, neither of which are bad for you or for the rest of this
group. The first is that Jim gets tired of talking to himself and
gives up. The second is that he keeps posting about all the reasons
he doesn't like your sig. And in that case, the rest of the group
quickly gets tired of the bullshit and tells him to shut up.

As it is, you have convinced everyone that they have *two* annoying
idiots to deal with. Reducing the number to one is some sort of
progress, it seems.

And if you won't take that advice from me, maybe you will from
Abraham Lincoln. He once said "Never argue with a fool, because
people may have trouble telling the difference."

--
Kevin B. O'Brien                  TANSTAAFL
kob1@ix.netcom.com

Help fight SPAM. Join CAUCE. http://www.cauce.org/