Re: The Who at MSG 10/7/00

>TED were happy and energetic, and seemed ready to play complex
>variations on everything--especially noticible by "Baba O'Riley," I
>thought, and continuing through the rest of the show.

On the subject of variations--the major one I noticed in this show was
syncopation.  I'm never quite sure of what I hear in live shows because it
goes by so fast, but it showed up pretty definitely on Roger's harmonica
solo on "Baba O'Riley" because Roger ALWAYS starts off with the drum beats,
but this time he was between the counts.  He stayed right there, too, when
there was plenty of opportunity to fix it if it was a mistake.  Then I heard
it on some of the other songs, too, and it did add considerably to the
complexity of the music.  Lots of wow factor there.

keets