Re: The Who at MSG 10/7/00

> (maybe Lela can post a review, I'm sure that would be "different")

Okay.  Never let it be said that I'm shy and retiring.  ;)

If TED were brooding about bad reviews Friday night, it was over by
Saturday.  They were hot last night.

TED were happy and energetic, and seemed ready to play complex
variations on everything--especially noticible by "Baba O'Riley," I
thought, and continuing through the rest of the show.  Apparently in
response to the newspaper reviews, they made more alterations to TKAA.
Pete added a little ditty that went something like "You've not got me,
you've got my willy."  Roger produced an imitation of Art Garfunkel
which was actually recognizable, but so hopeless that he finished up
with "Oh, fuck it," and knocked the microphone stand over with a
"whack" to finish it off.

Besides being a great show, it was totally hilarious.

It was great to meet/see everybody.  Here's hoping for another round of
pre-show parties next year. ;)

LB