Re: Whew! (Pete's website)

> I'm so glad Pete has got a new lease of life and is using his web
> site as well as he is. Free MP3s: how wonderful.

In answer to the reveiws, no less.  Terrific.  ;)

>At the same time, I'm also surprised that Pete of all people
> reveals himself so think-skinned in terms of those reviews.

Do you mean "thin-skinned"?  (Is your Freudian slip showing?)

I'd suspect that Pete has always been a little "thin-skinned" as far
as self-confidence/self-doubt is concerned.  He's always out in
left-field, after all, and he seldom has the security of copying
someone else.  The wonderful thing about being on the cutting edge of
creativity is that you get to crash into things first, and then
everybody else learns from your mistakes.  ;)  Makes you a little
crash-shy.

Still, he sounds fairly low-key here--it's unlike the nasty trashing
he gave Wenner in the last one--so I'd say he's responding to a nagging
feeling that challenges (in the guise of music reviews) should be
answered in some way.  The website does have the benefit of providing
a nice platform to respond without putting himself out excessively.  As
in:  Ho-hum.  I think I'll type up a little response here before
breakfast...  And out it goes onto the grid.

;)
LB