Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V7 #267

In a message dated 10/2/00 10:57:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

<<
 From: QuickOne <soxtim@hotmail.com>
 Newsgroups: alt.music.who
 Sent: Monday, October 02, 2000 12:01 AM
 Subject: onstage cleve.

 Thought I might take a few minutes to describe to you what I was lucky
 enough to experience on Sat. night.
 I won MusicMaker.com's "Who wants to see the Who" contest. The main prize
 was onstage seats for the Cleveland show.

 I watched Unamerican from row three on John's side. After they left the
 stage, myself and my guests were escorted beyond the barrier on and onto the
 stage. We stood about one foot lower than the level of the stage. We were on
 Johns side. Next to me was a guy who seemed to be Johns assistant. He handed
 John cigs and drinks and took care of his guitars. We were told by the whos
 production manager very sternly... "dont touch anything, dont lean on
 anything, and DONT ASK FOR AUTOGRAPHS! I complied in all three respects.

 Some observations and thoughts on this.
 I was probably 8 feet from John and unfortunatly had to watch his ass all
 night. Several times he looked right at us, but had little interest. After
 his 5:15 solo he did point to us, and give half a smile... not bad for John.

 I gained a new respect for Roger. He really seemed to enjoy himself. I was
 loving being able to see all the facial expressions and signals between band
 members. I'd missed this at previous shows becasue i was too far back.

 When Pete went to play Sheraton Gibson, Roger walked right up to us and
 engaged us in a brief conversation. Unfortunaly I could hardly make out what
 he was saying... his accent was too thick... my ears too shot, and he was
 talking fast. I said "I cant hear you" and he smiled and turned to go...
 then he came back, got closer and said something to the effect of "what did
 you do that they put you back here" I told him i won a contest. He laughed
 and said... and this is the only thing he said that i could clearly
 hear..."Fuck all that!" I felt like saying...yeah, but i"m talking to you
 personally... pretty damn good seat if you ask me.

 During sheraton Gibson Roger sat behind the drum and spoke with Zak... they
 seemed to be enjoying themselves. John behind his amp... looked grouchy,
 threw a few glances my way and smoked.

 I never caught Petes eye, and as we know he doesnt cross the "Roger barrier"
 into John's territory where i stood. that was a disappointment.

 I also saw from, my vantage point, a groupie that fawned over Roger all
 night. She had fake tits and was shoving her rack out as a gift for Roger.
 She NEVER took her eyes off him, and at one point mouthed "I want you Roger"
 to him. It was obvious she wasnt interested in the music... just fucking
 Roger. At the end of the show she tried to get backstage but couldnt... she
 kept saying Roger wanted her. .. Sorry bitch.

Hey asshole, why did you refer to that woman as a bitch? Also, your letter
suggests that you wanna fuck Roger as much as she does, so maybe you should
call yourself a bitch!
      Smilp23