Fwd: Rog/Kenney and Phil Collins

they may have not found it much fun, but he was damn good now was he? kenny
pretty much sucked and didnt have that power. if it wasn't for keith, the who
wouldn't have been a powerful band as they are known now. thats why i thank
God zak (who was taught by keith personally) is with them and has brought
that power back.
phil wouldn't have been bad niether, but he usually gets himself busy with
other things.

-- BEGIN included message

At 05:49 PM 09/25/2000, Brian Cady wrote:
> >Does anyone agree with me that Phil Collins on drums
> > would've really been a cool thing in the Who?  Power and finesse.
>
>If you'd like to get an idea of how it would have sound get your hands on a
>copy of the Prince's Trust Concert of 1982 videotape (check ebay).  It has
>Pete with Phil on drums.  Personally I think that Pete and John didn't find
>playing with Keith all that much fun, especially in the last few years.
>When Kenney with his steady timekeeping ways came along, they probably both
>heaved a sigh of relief.

Further audio comparisons can be made if you get your hands on the tape of
"The Atlantic Party" - an industry even that occurred in Florida in 86
where Rog sang with Phil (and the rest of Genesis and Peter Frampton and a
host of others)
Kathy

If you like Roger Daltrey visit my web site:
http://woof.simplenet.com/Roger/index.html

-- END included message